Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YogeshJain
Advocate I
Advocate I

problem with Ctl+V (Paste) in Rich Text editor

There is a bug!!

When I am trying to Ctrl+V (paste) some content in Rich Text Editor it does not save the value unless I hit enter or press any other key. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The fix has been deployed. If you have already published an app with the bug, you will have to open the app in PowerApps Studio and re-publish to get the fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and are reviewing how we can prevent similar incidents from happening in future.

Please let me know if you still are having problems with this issue.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YogeshJain,

Could you please explain a bit for "Rich Text Editor it does not save the value unless I hit enter or press any other key."?

My testing for Ctrl + V to the Rich Text Editor works without issue.

The testing PowerApps version is:

PowerApps 3.18073.33

RichTextEditor.gif

A little note:

The Rich Text Editor control would need to first get the cursor focus before we could paste texts into it.

With PowerApps Web Editor, we need to perform a double click,

When running the App, a single click would make it work.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-micsh-msft, Thanks for your quick reply.

I run the app and do a single click and than paste something. if i simply save it without typing any character manually, it will be saved as blank.

To show you the error. I created one Richtexteditor box and one HTML box which shows the value stored in Richtexteditot. 

please see my attached images.

Regards,

Yogesh

Thank you for your Update and explanation.

Now I understand the issue and confirmed the symptom.

The RichTextEditor.HtmlText property will not be updated automatically when using Ctrl-V (Value update requires a single click outside of the control), but if manual input, it will update the string timely.

I will send this feedback from my side. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Update on this one:

This is a known issue, and there is a fix would be available next week.

Please let me know if it is still not work after the updates Next week.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks @v-micsh-msft

Experiencing exactly the same issue beginning sometime last week. I was trying to troubleshoot but will wait for the fix to come out.

Do we know if there has been any confirmation on a fix for this? I haven't gone back and tested but was just wondering if there has been any updates. 

Thanks!

Still not working... items being added with blank rich text editor.

I had to train users to paste content into the box then enter a character or space to "set" the content it will not mysteriously disappear on them.

Not the types of conversations that inspire a lot of confidence, hopefully this is corrected soon.

Hi @PhilD,

Thanks for reaching back.

I will confirm the current status and update here.

Regards,

Michael

This appears to be working now.

Unfortunately, the same app is still unusable because the problem with the combobox is back again as described here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,215)