cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

problem with a submit and last powerApps 's folder modified in my APP

Hello,

i am currently building an app with PowerApps, but i have a problem...

In fact, i would like that my app be on several screens. So in the first edit screen i use a button with the following formula :

Patch(NAME_OF_MY_SHAREPOINT_LIST,First(Filter(NAME_OF_MY_SHAREPOINT_LIST,ID = idcourant )),{balise:idcourant});SubmitForm(EditForm1);EditForm(EditForm1_1);Navigate(EditScreen1_1)

So i create and use a variable (idcourant) to modify the current folder which is the first edit screen (EditForm1) and i put this variable in the field "balise". In fact the problem is when i click on the button : the application put the user on the last modified and recorded folder of the list SharePoint...So the current folder change of ID, and this is another folder with another ID which is opended in the second edit screen:(EditForm1_1) This is a big problem for me because my application is not available for the moment and i must to deploy it very soon.... Are there any solutions ?

capture1.pngcapture2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: problem with a submit and last powerApps 's folder modified in my APP

I have found a solution!

In fact, i generate a random number in a variable, with Rand() and Set().

When i click on a button, a random number is generated and my SharePoint List is updated with this random number with Patch() . So there is a new record and when i do a SubmitForm, i go on THE LAST RECORD, so the same SharePointList's record/folder.

It works ! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mckent1 ,

I can't get your point, could you please elaborate on your requirements?

What's the problem you are facing?

When you said 'folder', does it mean the record/items of the SharePoint list?

What is the Items property of EditForm1 and EditForm1_1?

Please share more information so that we can provide further assistance.

Sik

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have found a solution!

In fact, i generate a random number in a variable, with Rand() and Set().

When i click on a button, a random number is generated and my SharePoint List is updated with this random number with Patch() . So there is a new record and when i do a SubmitForm, i go on THE LAST RECORD, so the same SharePointList's record/folder.

It works ! 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,562)