Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

problem with uploading photo

Hi,

I am creating app with SharePoint list and I would like to save photo in this SharePoint list.

When I use Attachements in my app it works good, I can upload photos as I want. But there is a quite big problem. When I create new item with status unsolved in my app I have to give there photo (now I use Attachements but I am not satisfied with this, because then when I want to solve the Item and change status at solved I need to upload to his item another photo).

So in short I need to have in my SharePoint list two columns with datatype Image (Photo before; Photo after). This SharePoint list I must edit in my Poweapps app. But how can I do this? Everything I have choosen have failed.

I am miss, please help me. 

Thanks

George

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: problem with uploading photo

Hi @JiriS ,

Could you describe more clearly about why using Attchments field is not ok?
You could upload one image to Attachments field when you creating the item, then upload another image to Attachments field when you edit this field later.

Just note that you could only update images to Attachments by using Attchments control inside a form.

At the first time, set the form's Mode to New.

After creating this new form, when you want to edit this form, just set the form's Mode to Edit, set the form's Item to LastSubmit(Formname).

Then the form will display the data that the new form submitted just now, including image1 you updated .

You could update your second image to Attachments at this time.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: problem with uploading photo

I had this idea but there is a problem, that I need to store photos (before/after) in another columns named before/after. I do not want to use attachments because in this way it is possible to delete the photo before when I upload the photo after.

Is it possible to do it in two columns?
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,003)