cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
langsem
Post Patron
Post Patron

qr value has uknown character

Hello i have a app with qr scanner. The value i am getting has a strange character at the end (). Possible to trim the string to exclude that character if it exist ? 

6 REPLIES 6
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @langsem 

If there are bracket characters at the end of your string, you can call the substitute function to replace them with an empty string.

Substitute("0000522715()", "()","")

hi thx for repsonse, i am using this function on the label that displayes the qr scanned value. First(Match(BarcodeScanner1.Value;"FORSIKRING:(.+)JOBB:";MatchOptions.Contains).SubMatches).Value

timl
Super User III
Super User III

If you wrap your formula inside a call to substitute, does that take you any further?

Substitute(
           First(Match(BarcodeScanner1.Value;"FORSIKRING: (.+)JOBB:";MatchOptions.Contains).SubMatches).Value, 
           "()",
           ""
)

still gives me the character :S, the thing its that i have a qr code that has 4values in one entire line. So i am splitting the line to draw out the value i need, so think that the unknown character its the split itself or something ? 

i checked the string it sends : 

{"name":"Registrerings_nummer","value":"EB40058\u001d"},{"name":"ServiceOrdre_Nummer","value":"0000522715\u001d"},{"name":"Forsikringsselskap","value":"IF SKADEFORSIKRING\u001d"}

see that \u001d, dont know what that its also why  is it there 

is it possible in power automate to check if the variable contains \u0001d then remove it ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,100)