cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex5p
Level: Powered On

question with saving dropdown data to sharepoint list

I am currently making a referral system and there is a section i created called area of interest for each area of interest it has it's own dropdown box that contains an AD group so each area of interest has different people in its dropdown. Everytime a user goes into this referral system they will only be saving 1 person's name from the dropdown box from only 1 area of interest. So basically I will be having about say 8 custom dropdowns but only 1 dropdown will technically be saving anything valueable to me at a time. Is there a way I can have all 8 of these dropdown point to 1 column in sharepoint? Say if  I make a seperate column for each field I will have 7 blank fields for each referral that comes in which I dont want. 

Ex:

person clicks on area of interest trust and selects in thedropdown that is located there the name alex that is located in the trust AD Group. I want alex to save in a column called refername in sharepoint list.

But now the next person goes to make a referral and goes to area of interest mortgage and selects the dropdown and picks the name ron who is located in the mortgage ad group. I want to still be able to save that into the same column called refername.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: question with saving dropdown data to sharepoint list

Hi @alex5p ,

Do you mean that you want to save data in 8 drop downs to the same field?

If so, I suggest you firstly save the data of 8 drop downs to a collection and filter the data that is not blank.

Try this:

set the save button's OnSelect:

ClearCollect(test,{value:dropdown1.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown2.Selected.Value},
{value:dropdown3.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown4.Selected.Value},
{value:dropdown5.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown6.Selected.Value},
{value:dropdown7.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown8.Selected.Value});
//save 8 drop downs' data to the same collection
Patch(tablename,Defaults(tablename),{fieldname:LookUp(test,!IsBlank(Value),Value})
//update with the value that is not blank

Best regards.

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: question with saving dropdown data to sharepoint list

Hi @alex5p ,

Do you mean that you want to save data in 8 drop downs to the same field?

If so, I suggest you firstly save the data of 8 drop downs to a collection and filter the data that is not blank.

Try this:

set the save button's OnSelect:

ClearCollect(test,{value:dropdown1.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown2.Selected.Value},
{value:dropdown3.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown4.Selected.Value},
{value:dropdown5.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown6.Selected.Value},
{value:dropdown7.Selected.Value},{value:dropdown8.Selected.Value});
//save 8 drop downs' data to the same collection
Patch(tablename,Defaults(tablename),{fieldname:LookUp(test,!IsBlank(Value),Value})
//update with the value that is not blank

Best regards.

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,377)