Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdHansberry
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

"An Error Occurred" - no further explanation

I have an app when I load it to edit, it comes up with this:

2020-05-18 07_32_29-Item Development - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps and 11 more pages - Work 3 -.png

No explanation, and nothing seems broken. How can I find out what is causing this?

Right now I am dismissing it and going about my editing, but I would like to fix this if possible.

FWIW, it is mostly using an on-prem SQL Server as the data source, though some is coming from Azure Storage Blob. Nothing seems broken during coding or when I run it, but this unknown error is bothering me.

3 REPLIES 3
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @EdHansberry,

Please try below steps:

1. Logout of PowerPlatform and clear the cache
  2. Login back to make.powerapps.com
  3. Export the solution and import it back
  4. Now try to edit the solution

I have seen this problem and the above approach worked for me.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give thumbs-up to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a THUMS-UP and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Ok, thanks. That whole export/import scares me a bit. There are hundreds of hours in this app..... 😬

Ok let me step back one feat, I don't want you to delete the existing app. All I want is to create a new name while you are importing the exported app. I totally agree it is a bit long, but trust me that will really give you an insight into what is wrong.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give thumbs-up to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a THUMS-UP and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,665)