cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattke07

"Are you sure" on selection

I have an app that collects results that go directly to a list. 

I want to add a popup or something similar that only triggers if the result is "Postitive" - requesting that the user double check the field before submitting.

mattke07_0-1601652076305.png

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@mattke07 

Here's an article I wrote on how to add a Pop-Up Form in Power Apps.  The first paragraph is about how to create a 'Confirmation Pop-Up'.  I think its exactly what is needed here.

Link to article:

https://matthewdevaney.com/how-to-create-a-pop-up-menu-in-power-apps/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

I'm a beginner, but when I try to type "locShow" nothing happens. Do I need to change my fx from Text?

locShow

@mattke07 

You have to initialize the variable too with an UPDATECONTEXT function.

I don't know what that means, but thanks for the help anyway.

hi @mattke07 ,

UpdateContext({locShow: if(YourControlValue = "Positive", true, false)})

@mattke07 

Add a rectangle to your screen

add a lable with your text on top of it

add two button, one for "OK" and one for "Cancel"

Now group all the controls by selecting them all and click on group (group1 will be created if you have no other groups yet)

now in the OnSelect even on your submit button add the updatecontext i listed.

select the group and select  the visible parameter and set that to locShow

This will show the group when the user select Positive. you will need another variable to get the response from the buttons to determine the next steps, let me know if you need some more info

@mattke07 

Try to build the short example in the tutorial.  It will walk you through step-by-step.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,109)