cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gee3101
Regular Visitor

"Column Does not Exist" Error with Sharepoint

I have read multiple posting about the "Column does not exist" error and have not been able to figure mine out. It accepts some just fine and then does not accept others. 

Capture.PNG

Sharepoint Columns

Capture1.PNG

Every other column is selected but for some reason "Summary" along with a few others such as "TimeH" and "TimeM" will not be recognized. I have refreshed, restarted, deleted the data source and re-added and nothing seems to work. Please help. 

Also when using the datepicker, what format is the coding? such as .text, .seleted.value, .value, .number?

9 REPLIES 9
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Gee3101 

To answer your last question "When using the datepicker what property should I reference" the answer is:

DatePickerName.SelectedDate

Many times when PATCH doesn't work for me I find it is because a mismatch in data types (example: submitting a date when the SP column is Text type).  Can you please let me know the column type of TimeH and TimeM?

@mdevaney,After I changed this option it seemed to recognize all the column fields properly. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Capture2.PNG

The new problem I am facing is that one of my dropdown boxes for the minutes of the time submitted box will not accept the .Selected.Value. The hour dropdown worked just find with that code but for some reason the minutes will not accept it. I don't understand.

Capture3.PNG

@Gee3101 

Yeah, the column display names setting changes how your code should be written.  So its possible you were writing the correct way but needed to turn that setting on.  Its also acceptable to do the without that option on but doesn't really matter so long as the app works.

Where are you putting this code?

.Selected.Value

I don't enough about your situation yet but it appears i can only reference the minutes dropdown from inside the same DataCard.  You could also try this or this below.  But really I need to know where that code is and what you want to do with it.

MinuteValue1.SelectedText.Value
Value(MinuteValue1.SelectedText.Value)

@mdevaney 

Capture4.PNG

Time (Hr) was accepted just fine, Time (Min) is the same format but the selected.value option does not work. 

@Gee3101

I don't know what's going on here either...  Sometimes deleting and retyping the portion of the formula helps.  Don't ask me why, but it works sometimes.  I encourage you to try it out.

What happens if you put the .Selected.Value code in a label?  What happens if you try .SelectedText.Value or Value(_.SelectedText.Value) in a label?

Just brainstorming here...

@mdevaney 

Yea i have had some success with re-typing it but it's not working this time around. I've tried your other suggestions as well. Maybe I'll delete the dropdown box and add the same one and see if it works. I'm frustrated and out of ideas. 

ducheruk
Regular Visitor

Have you verified that internal name of the column in SharePoint? To check, go to List Settings and click on the column name. Then on the column settings page look at URL and at the end there should be a parameter called "Field=InternalFieldName". The value of "InternalFieldName" is the internal name of the field.

Thanks a Lot!! You saved me from spending lot of time resolving the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do after that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,147)