Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Br4yan1931
Helper I
Helper I

"Como obtener el dato de un Email" - "How to get data from an email"

Hello everyone.

I need help, I have a SharePoint record and I'm making the form by Power Apps.
What I want to achieve is this:

There is a field that is "Email" and another field is "Name". When the "Email" is entered, I want the full name of that Email to be entered automatically in the "Name" field.

I will be attentive to your comments. Thank you very much

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola a todos.

Necesito ayuda, tengo un registro de SharePoint y estoy haciendo el formulario por Power Apps.
Lo que quiero lograr es esto:

Hay un campo que es el "Email" y otro campo "Name". Al momento de que se ponga el "Email" quiero que automáticamente en el campo de "Name" se ponga el nombre completo de ese Email.

Estaré atento a sus comentarios. Muchas gracias  

23 REPLIES 23
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Ok try

DataCardValue2.Selected.Email
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Usted necesita salvar el nombre de la persona devuelta en la lista de sharepoint? Si es asi probablemente esta salvando informacion que no es necesaria. Si agrega una columna "People" en su lista de share point cuando seleccione la persona tendra automaticamente todas los datos de esa persona. Ahora tambien puede adicionar un label que puede ser un html label y concatenar todos los datos de la persona que quiera mostrar. Por ultimo si en difinitiva usted quiere es guardar el email y el nombre en Share point. Creo que tu formula le esta faltando "DataCarValue2.Selected.Value"

Br4yan1931
Helper I
Helper I

@TheRobRush 

Br4yan1931_1-1646168122410.png

I changed it to English so you can have a little more. Still not working

Br4yan1931_2-1646168168603.png

Hola @sajarac  Tampoco me funciono 

sajarac
Super User
Super User

Cambie "Name" por "DisplayName"

I think the error is in your ; & , in the formula. In english powerapps we use lookup(source, whattolookfor, what to return) in spanish i think the ,'s may be ;? In your app there you used the ; once and the , once it shiukd be one or the other

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
Br4yan1931
Helper I
Helper I

@TheRobRush @sajarac 

Br4yan1931_0-1646169416972.png

I already left him with just him ,

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Try changing .selected.Email to either .selected.value see if that clears it up

sajarac
Super User
Super User

Sorry @TheRobRush , I just tried to help him because I saw the post in Spanish but you have the lead. 

No worries man, there's never too much help

Br4yan1931_0-1646170330852.pngBr4yan1931_1-1646170348057.png

I get 6 options: Claims, Department, DisplayName, Email, JobTitle, Picture.

Br4yan1931_2-1646170575571.png

When I put "Email." I don't get any option

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,667)