cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Connection not configured for this service" Error when trying to execute a flow .Run command.

I have this issue with ONE user.  This user is an established employee who has used this app many times in the past.  I have not made changes to the app in a couple of months.  Now, this error appears 100% of the time.  

What I did:

• Verified user is "shared" to use the flow.  Check.
  • Verified if user's connections are all good.  Check (two were not, fixed them... reboot restart... problem remains.)
  • Attempted the same action myself.  Works perfect.  Check.

What am I missing??

image.png

18 REPLIES 18
SarathSub
Regular Visitor

Hello,

So, since this thread is the first google search result, anybody here still searching for a solution?

Basically the flow which was working for all users properly, just broke for everyone except the owner. Is this an issue that Microsoft recently (February 2021) 'produced'?
MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

Any hope on this now?
I do not have the liberty to create copies of all the flows at this point.

Enrico_Assiè

Having the same issue since this morning. Tried to recreate all the flows and recreate the app but nothing changed

Solved creating new connection and using it in all the flows instead of the old one ( i've only SQL Server source ). 

Then readding all the flows in the app it seems working like yesterday.

SarathSub
Regular Visitor

For me, it just got fixed over the night.

Is Microsoft developing in Production? 😶

jaigopalsoni
Frequent Visitor

Error with Flow manually triggered from Power App button UploadPic.run(). failed"Connection not configured for this service"

How to solve this.

PaulGreen
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue where my flow that was trigged from a PowerApps Button, worked for me (owner) but not for 2 users. They got the error message 'flowname'.Run failed: Connection not configured for this service.

What fixed it for me was:- (I've seen other posts where this hasn't worked)

The powerapps Button 'onselect' - that triggers the flow i disconnected the flow and then reconnected it, now it works fine for me and the other 2 users, to disconnect this is what i did:-

Selected the button that triggered the flow

Selected from the PowerApps menu bar Action

Selected Power Auomate, which then displayed all the flows, the top flow is the one associated with the button, on the ... by that flow Iselected remove from App.

Then from the list of flows selected the flow again to connect.

Fixed up the code on the button (as this wipes any code from the buttons onselect)

Then all was good.

Django
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Amazed that this is still occurring....

With me it is in a Canvas App inside a Managed Solution --> reconnecting App to Flow is not working and off course creating copies of Apps and Flows totally makes the Solution Concept useless from an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) point of view.

tcvall86
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey all,

If someone stumbles upon this like me and tear the hairs out trying to figure out why it does not work anymore even with simple flows etc.

What I ended up needing to do to fix this error that occured for some users was to follow the advice on this conversation

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-Flow-Error-quot-Connection-not-con...

I also later got the exact same suggestion from MS support:

Based on the issue description which you have provide according to that I can understand that you want to run the flow through the apps , but some of the user not able to run it.

Could you please check that if you are blocked with any security roles. Please follow the below steps;

Users must be granted organization level read access on process (full green circle). This should be set on all security roles assigned to users that run flows.

You can either edit an existing Security Role or opt to create a new one just for this purpose.

So if you don't want to follow the thread above:

1. Navigate to Power Apps Admin Center (or powerplatform admin center)
  2. Selected the Environment you are working. 
  3. Click on Settings on top bar.  
  4. Go to User + Permissions >> Security Roles  
  5. Under the Security Roles, find the Basic User role , click on  ellipses (...) >> Edit
  6. Under Customization tab >>  Select Process >> assign Read access to the Organization (full green circle mentioned above)
    tcvall86_0-1619536343365.png

capoaus75
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @tcvall86  your solution worked for me!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,771)