cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashokpershad
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

"Default" and "Reset" controls of Text Input Box are not there in PowerApps for "Microsoft Teams"

Hi! I noticed that "Default" and "Reset" controls of Text Input Box are not there in PowerApps for "Microsoft Teams". Is it a Bug ? OR planned for later release?

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@ashokpershad 
If the Text Input does not have any Default or Reset property that seems like a bug to me.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

@PowerAddict @GarethPrisk @WarrenBelz @RandyHayes @eka24 @Mr-Dang-MSFT @CarlosFigueira 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Thanks @mdevaney!

@ashokpershad, I will check the Reset property but the Default property is now called Value. Here is the complete list of renames for fluent UI controls vs classic controls: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/use-the-fluent-ui-controls#difference-between-fluen...

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Also, as far as Reset is concerned, can you not simply use the Reset function on the text input control? That should reset the text input control irrespective of that property, unless I am missing something. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Dear Hardit,

Thanks for your sharing link for comparing between classic and new controls. So from now on, "Value" will be used against "Default" for Text Input Box. 

Still for "Reset", I am using a variable which need to be set True & False depending on other controls in app. So, your suggestion may not work I believe. Same time have you checked if "Reset" function is really available for Text Input box? 

It seems Reset property is required for Text Input Control. Let us now deviate from what we used to do in PowerApps irrespective of where we are using it, either as standalone App or through Microsoft Teams.

Hope Microsoft will take care of it.

Regards

Ashok

Hi @ashokpershad

I would like to clarify that for Project Oakdale (Power Apps within Teams), Default property will be Value for text input controls. If you go back to standalone Power Apps, it will still be the same. 

Coming back to Reset, just want to make sure I understand your use case. Can you not do something like this? 

If(variableTrue, Reset(TextInputControl)). 

Reset function is available for many controls. Here are some details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-reset

That being said, I completely agree with you. It would be ideal if they keep these consistent. Let me know if this helps. 

---

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

@PowerAddict 

Let me explain you what I am trying to do, let me know if you can help:

I am using "TextInputBox1" whose Default value is some calculation formula, let say:

= (Textinputbox2.value * o.o1) * (Text inputbox3.value * 0.05)

Now I am using one "X" symbol whose "Onselect" property should reset the "TextInputBox1". Now without RESET Control for "TextInputBox1" I am not able to do it even when I am put X symbol "Onselect" to If(variableTrue, Reset(TextInputBox1)).

Where shall I define the TRUE and FALSE state of "VariableTrue"?

That was just an example. 

If I understand your use case correctly (and please let me know if I missed something), you have a TextInput1 control who's default is:

(TextInput2.value * 0.01) * (TextInput3.value * 0.05)

Then you have a X icon that when clicked, you want TextInput1 to default to the above value even if it had a different value when the X was being clicked. For that simply set the OnSelect of the X to

Reset(TextInput1)

Let me know if this helps. 

---

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,673)