cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Excel Files containing formula are currently not supported."

Hello,

After editing the raw excel sheet for my app I now receive this error when I launch the app:

Failed to load Table13_3. The requested operation is invalid. Server response: Table13_3 failed: Excel files containing formula are currently not supported. Please use a file that has no formula. clientRequestId: 40fd0cda-2178-4dca-a938-82382662596f serviceRequestId: 40fd0cda-2178-4dca-a938-82382662596f

I have tried refreshing data, rebuilding the table as raw data only, and relinking all of the tables. I know it is possible to display this data as it previously worked prior to making updates. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: "Excel Files containing formula are currently not supported."

You can move the Data to another table and ensure that there are no calculations in the excel Table. Connect and that should work

The issue is no calculations in the excel Table

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: "Excel Files containing formula are currently not supported."

Hi@cypep,

Could you please share more about your scenario, do you have calculated columns within your excel sheet?

Actually, there is no workaround to use excel file containing formula in PowerApps right now.
However, there is already an idea that you can vote for Using Excel files with formulas as a data source

As an alternative workaround, you could convert all required excel formula as a PowerApps formula when you add a new item in PowerApps.

If there does not have calculated columns, please try to go to the left-side menu, click on your Excel sheet, then click the Refresh option. Delete the possible affected Column, like Date, Currency, etc and add it back.

What's more, it can be a "caching" issue, you can try to cache

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,031)