cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcorning
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

"Failed to register service" error continues

I havbe yet to get a simple Flow that starts with a PowerApps trigger and calls an HTTP POST. When i try to add the Flow to my PowerApp, i still see the subject error.

there is hard wired json in the body of the Http Action, though i will eventually need to pass two strings from the PowerApp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I created a new flow with a PowerApps trigger and an Http Action. this time i let the PowerApp send the url to the GET. Btw, is there a reason the Http Action includes a Body field for GET methods?

this new flow did not return the failed to register error, and nothing i could do to my original flow could rehabilitate it, so i removed it. Perhaps the issue was a vestige from flows of weeks past. In any case, i cannot repro my original error.

i will create a new thread given what i found when i passed http://microsoft.com to the Http Get...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Mcorning,

It seems that you are adding a flow to PowerApps. How is your flow configured? Could you send me a screenshot of your flow configuration?

Your flow is now triggered by “PowerApps”, could you please try to change the “PowerApps” trigger to another one to see if it works?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

her are the screen shots you asked for.

i'm not sure what you mean about trying another trigger. i have a separate issue here in the Forum about using a PowerApps trigger on CDS Get record action. or did you mean drop the PowerApps trigger and create a new PowerApps trigger?

PowerApps ErrorPowerApps ErrorFlow definition that fails to startFlow definition that fails to start

Hi Mcorning,

I create a similar flow with you, when I add the flow to a button on an App, I can add the flow with no error message.

Please try to add a button on your App then add the flow to this button to see if this works for you. Please also make sure the flow is in the same environment with you App.

This article could also be a reference for you:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/using-logic-flows/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I created a new flow with a PowerApps trigger and an Http Action. this time i let the PowerApp send the url to the GET. Btw, is there a reason the Http Action includes a Body field for GET methods?

this new flow did not return the failed to register error, and nothing i could do to my original flow could rehabilitate it, so i removed it. Perhaps the issue was a vestige from flows of weeks past. In any case, i cannot repro my original error.

i will create a new thread given what i found when i passed http://microsoft.com to the Http Get...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,161)