cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Am00re34

"Getting your Data" screen stuck on edit

I created a list in SharePoint and then integrated it into powerapps to customize the look.    When i start an entry from SharePoint it comes up fine however when you hit save you get the "Getting your data" screen.  However if you cancel out it does save the entry into the SharePoint list.  But from there if you try to edit the entry the "Getting your data" screen comes back and you cannot access the entry. 

Ive tried changing the forms default view from edit to new and view and doesnt seem to matter.    

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Am00re34 

What is the Item property of your Form?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Am00re34

It is blank

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Am00re34 

Then that is why you are seeing what you are seeing - the Item property specifies the Record to Edit in the Edit form.

Once you Submit a form, it will then go into Edit mode (unless you specify otherwise with a function).  So, if there then is no Item to edit, it will show what you see.

NOW, the big question is this, I am getting the impression that you built this app by doing a "Customize Form in PowerApps" option in your SharePoint list.  IS that correct?  I ask because, the standard app generated by that option WILL have a valid formula in the Item property of the EditForm it creates...so what have you changed or altered from the app built automatically?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Am00re34

you would be correct in your assumption.   I have been tinkering with things all along to get things to be a certain ways.    I'll admit this is my first time so i'm not entirely sure what i'm doing!  However everything looks great in power apps and even when you do a new request in SP.  its just that "getting your data" screen.    Is there a way to get powerapps to recognize that the form they want to edit is the one selected on SP?

Maybe its best i build my list/form in SP with all the details i need and just import it and just make minor changes.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Am00re34 

In general (without knowing more of the things that you've changed), when you do a SharePoint Integration, your app will have a SharePointIntegration object in it.  That acts as the "gateway" to your app.  It will have all of the OnEdit, OnSave, OnNew, etc. actions that get passed to your app to let you know when you need to react in your app.

BUT, where I hesitate to offer a specific suggestion, the standard app when you customize will create three screens with three forms - one for Edit, one for New and one for View (all pretty much overkill as you only need one form, but anyway...).

With those screens and forms, the OnView, OnEdit and OnNew will typically then navigate to the proper place and put the form in the mode it needs.

But here is the thing - for a New form, the "standard" way that it is set up from in the default app is that the OnSave action of the SharePointIntegration will submit the form for new and then hide the app.  You are indicating something entirely different...you are stating that you submit a New form record and then you want to see that record in the edit form.  

Not that it is a problem to do this, but that does sort of break the concept of the integration.  Meaning that the user selected "new" to get to the New form.  When they Save...they are back to the list.  If they then Edit the record, THEN they see the record to edit.

So, there are a lot of moving parts here that I am mentioning and a lot of this is going to depend on what changed you have made and how to get it back to working.

A good start would be a screenshot of the control tree in the designer (the tree of controls/screens on the left side of the designer screen).

Am00re34

I attached a screenshot as recommended...

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Am00re34 

Actually - <smack to head> - I was confusing the "three screens and forms" with the standard "make an app" from your SharePoint list.  SharePoint Integration is a little nicer.

So, I can make an Item property suggestion for you.

First, in the OnSuccess action of your form.  Add the following formula: Set(glbCurrentRecord, Self.LastSubmit)

Now, in the Item property of the form, set the following formula: Coalesce(glbCurrentRecord, SharePointIntegration.Selected)

That should get you going again.

Am00re34

i did as you mentioned,  no errors or anything, but didnt solve the problem.   see attachments

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Am00re34 

Formula looks fine.  Are you sure you did a refresh on that screen after you published the app?  It usually takes a little time for the new version to become active.  A little hint on that is to place a label or something visual on the screen and change the color of it or text in it each time to make sure you are seeing the proper version in the SharePoint list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,853)