cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_voyager
Super User
Super User

"Insufficient privileges to complete the operation" error while updating user in Azure AD

Hi community,

I'm trying to disable account of user when an item is modified in SP list. 

I tried "update user" action from power automate but got the error "Insufficient privileges to complete the operation".
rejectaz.PNG

Error

errorazd.PNG

I have access to Azure AD.

Any idea which Permission I need to perform this action.

Thanks,
R

3 REPLIES 3
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Do you have a separate account for your admin/normal logins?

If yes, you should use your admin account as the connection reference for the Azure actions

Could you try that and let us know how it goes?

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

No I don't have separate account for admin work.

I tried " remove member from group " action as well but no luck , facing same error.

I have global reader role assigned.

Global Reader has only privileges to read not to modify any users - so you'd need at least User Administrator rights to modify a user.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,382)