cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve130
Frequent Visitor

"Invalid argument type (Text), expected a record value" when trying to pass value to another screen

Hi, I'm creating a custom Canvas page to use in my model driven app. I'm trying to have a button navigate to another page in the model driven app while passing a value. Other threads here say that something like Navigate(Page, Transition, {value1: 1}) should work.

Steve130_0-1658615033932.png

However, when I try to use that formula, I get an error saying it's expecting a record value instead of a text. If I remove the quotes outside of Services Picker, it says it's expecting an operator. How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You definitely need single quotes around services picker 

Have you tried without the quotes around 80?

I'd imagine that as this is a number variable, you won't need the quotes there

If this doesn't work, you could try setting the variable using set() which will make it accessible throughout the appas opposed to passing it between screens

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You definitely need single quotes around services picker 

Have you tried without the quotes around 80?

I'd imagine that as this is a number variable, you won't need the quotes there

If this doesn't work, you could try setting the variable using set() which will make it accessible throughout the appas opposed to passing it between screens

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,521)