Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

"Layout containers" is not currently working on canvas app

Hi All,

I already opened two messages here. And for a third time I decided to go and test it again, I thought I could have been missing something or some of my containers were inconsistent and made the app sort of crash.

So the issue is that every single time I try to use the "Layout containers" all images and icons flip or blinks then vanish from the screen. I just created a new canvas app then went to the settings, disabled "scale to fit" and "lock orientation" then after adding images or icons on a screen with "layout containers" the issue happens.

Could please someone try to take a look on the sample app I posted? Maybe I am missing something.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Apparently-a-bug-with-the-preview-layout-con... 

Other than that I would be glad if anyone can point me to the PowerApps issue tracker maybe this is already there.

I already remade the whole app using plain containers, but why release a preview feature if I can't find info on how to use it neither proper support to it when we report issues?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Worked fine in mine!
Do you still have this issues?

summitb_0-1605945182199.png

Highlighted

Hi @summitb, Please notice you are doing it from the preview button... The issue happens when you play the app.

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

summitb_0-1605962347014.png

I have tried with play as well as preview. Working fine. 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @summitb ,

I just tried now with two different apps, see the screenshots. My main frustration here is the lack of updates on the issues we report for the preview features. I see people saying they opened a case with MSFT or they having the same issue, employees reply that they are aware and working on it. But for this one I have 0 updates it has been at least 2 weeks.

Thanks for taking the time to test.

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @rssilvaba ,
I realize you have another post on the same issue.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Apparently-a-bug-with-the-preview-layout-con...

Hey @chass,
Both of his post got no response, do you know anyone from MSFT who can respond to his issue. It seems to be working fine when I tried so not sure how to help.

Highlighted

I already asked here. If you know where I can find the issue tracker I can check on there they should have such a place.

Other than that, I check on my phone as well and there were no updates for the app so I assume that it is possible this was not rolled out yet to our region. Idk how this works for PA, but some tools have different releases depending on the region, specially that this is a preview feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,126)