cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

"Office 365 Outlook" connector Error:- REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox. This error can occur for sandbox (test) accounts or for accounts that are on a dedicated (on-premise) mail server.

I have built a blank canvas app and i wanted to add "Office 365 Outlook" connector to it, as follow:-

johnjohn123_0-1638804549246.png

but when i click on connect >> i got this error, as follow:-

johnjohn123_1-1638804561496.png

Here is the error text:-

REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox. This error can occur for sandbox (test) accounts or for accounts that are on a dedicated (on-premise) mail server.

Session ID: 5f9262de-feb0-4227-bbc0-a37c1ccd863f

Not sure what is the problem exactly? is it related to the fact that the service account i am using to build this "Office 365 Outlook" connector does not have a mail box?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

That is correct.  There must be a mailbox assigned to the user of the app (or maker in this case).  Otherwise you will see that error.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes  thanks a lot for the reply.. but need to confirm something, now i am planning to build a power apps which retrieve the outlook events for the login user.. so when i build the Office 365 Outlook connector and sign in using the service account (which will have a mailbox),, then will the displayed events inside the power app be always related to the service account? or to the login user?

Thanks

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

For that connector, they would always be related to the user running the app.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

@RandyHayesok great this is actually what i am looking for.. so the service account can be used to set the connection only,, while the actual events from the outlook calendar will be depending on the login users? is this correct?

johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

@RandyHayes  can you advice please what do you exactly mean by `they would always be related to the user running the app.` ? are you referring to the service account which  Create/Make the power-app/connector Or to the login user who will be Using the power app?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

No, those connectors are user specific.  They use the current user running the app.  There is not any sort of impersonation in PowerApps on those connectors, so they always use the current user. This goes for pretty much all of the connectors.  If they ask you to allow such action and do not ask for specific credentials, then they will always use the current user.  If they ask for an account and password, then they will be related to that account.

But in the case of the Office 365 and Azure connectors, they will be using the creds of the current user running the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,762)