cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

"PowerApps Portals" how licensing detects if internal user/organizatioal user logged in

Hello

Currently Portal supports for external as well as internal users to use. but wondering how licensing will work if internal user logged in becuase by default portal is explosed anonymously to all and there is only sign in avaiable like "Azure AD" for internal users so does that mean when user logged in with "AZure AD" will it treat as internal user?

REf: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-licensing-options-for-powerapps-and-flow/

PowerApps Portals will be licensed per the following:

• External users (authenticated) will be $200 for 100 logins/month.
  • External users (anonymous) will be $100 for 100,000 web page views/month.
  • Internal users are able to access portals using a PowerApps per app or per user plan as per above.

@Pstork1  @RezaDorrani  : appreciate your comment, thanks.

Thanks & regards,

Keval

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: "PowerApps Portals" how licensing detects if internal user/organizatioal user logged in

Hi @Keval ,

If you login in with your Azure AD, it does not mean that you are internal user.

You need to be in the same group , then you are internal user.

If you want someone not in your organization's group have access to the app and login in with Azure AD, you need to add him as guest user, which means external user.

Here's a blog about how to add a guest user for your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-canvas-apps-with-guests-in-your-organization/

To sum up, you not only need to login in with Azure AD , but also need to be in the group, then you are internal user.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: "PowerApps Portals" how licensing detects if internal user/organizatioal user logged in

Hello @v-yutliu-msft  thanks for your reply,

I want to understand when you say use should be in organization group so where you can define and set that group? Please note I want to understand in terms of "PowerApps Portals" not basic canvas or model driven app.

Thanks & regards, Keval

Highlighted

Hi @v-yutliu-msft,

Thanks for an explanation. Could you please solve my below doubt.

Can i use PowerApp portals  for creating a website or a portal for internal use of my organization, like Training Registration portal or something like that.

And if yes then , do we not need to give any authentication method like Azure AD?

How internal people will be Authenticated and authorized?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,750)