cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jef
Level: Powered On

"Registering Error" when trying to add a flow in Powerapps

Hi all,

When I try to add a flow to my powerapps i get the error: "Registering Error". nothing more.

pa.png

My flow looks something like this (end runs perfectly) 

Untitled.png

As mentioned the flow runs perfectly, and i get the data I expect it to give.

Anyone knows what's happening here?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: "Registering Error" when trying to add a flow in Powerapps

@Jef 

The issue likely has something to do with the JSON structure per this past forum post.  Have you checked it out yet?  It may give you some clues here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Registering-Error-when-trying-to-ad...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Jef
Level: Powered On

I indeed have not declared all the types in my scheme 

eg:

"displayName":  {},
      "givenName":  {}
Because the values can be null, and JSON doesn't support nulls in String datatype.
Is there a way I can work around the null values? 

Thank you
Super User
Super User

@Jef 

I will admit I am not the expert in this area.  This sounds like more of a Power Automate question rather than a PowerApps question though. I would suggest posting this specific part of your question in Power Automate Community. You’ll get a quicker and better response from the experts over there.

Link to Power Automate Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/bd-p/FlowForum

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jef ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with the JSON Schema you typed within the "Response Body JSON Schema" property of the "Response" action in your flow.

The user @stapes has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Trying-to-add-a-Flow-to-OnSelect-ac...

If you have specified the "displayName" field and "givenName" field as Required fields within the "required" part in your Response JSON Schema, you must specify proper data type for these required fields within the "properties" part.

Yes, you are right. Currently, The Null data type is not supported within JSON schema. If you want the "displayName" field and "givenName" field to accept NULL value, I think the nullable property may achieve your needs.

On your side, please define a proper data type for the "displayName" field and "givenName" field within the Response JSON Schema in the "Response" action of your flow as below:

{
                "type": "object",
                "properties": {
                    "displayName": {
                        "type": "string",
                        "nullable": true
                    },
                    "givenName": {
                        "type": "integer",
                        "nullable": true
                    },
                },
                "required": [
                    "displayName",
                    "givenName",
                ]
}

If the issue still exists, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. If you would like this feature to be added in MS Flow, please consider submit an idea to Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,728)