cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
timbauguess
Level: Power Up

"Send push notification" action in Flow fails to pass parameters to Canvas PowerApp when PowerApps mobile app is suspended in iOS background

See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications

Typically when I open my Canvas PowerApp through a notification on iOS mobile I will have the App OnStart and Screen OnVisible events trigger. If there are any parameters passed from the push notification, these parameters will be handled.

If my Canvas PowerApp was closed recently, then it will still be suspended in the background of iOS. When the Canvas PowerApp is opened from a push notification, the app will return to the exact state it was in previously. The parameters from the push notification will not be set and the App OnStart and Screen OnVisible actions will not trigger. This can be confusing for users that expect to be navigated to a specific screen after clicking on a notification.

Is there a way to force the app to start normally after being opened from a notification on iOS or to detect when we are coming back from being suspended in the background?  

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: "Send push notification" action in Flow fails to pass parameters to Canvas PowerApp when PowerApps mobile app is suspended in iOS background

@timbauguess 

I am afraid it is not available in current PowerApps. Need to open the App to pass parameters every time.

So the only way is to remove the app in the background first and restart the software each time.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,590)