cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Send push notification" action in Flow fails to pass parameters to Canvas PowerApp when PowerApps mobile app is suspended in iOS background

See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications

Typically when I open my Canvas PowerApp through a notification on iOS mobile I will have the App OnStart and Screen OnVisible events trigger. If there are any parameters passed from the push notification, these parameters will be handled.

If my Canvas PowerApp was closed recently, then it will still be suspended in the background of iOS. When the Canvas PowerApp is opened from a push notification, the app will return to the exact state it was in previously. The parameters from the push notification will not be set and the App OnStart and Screen OnVisible actions will not trigger. This can be confusing for users that expect to be navigated to a specific screen after clicking on a notification.

Is there a way to force the app to start normally after being opened from a notification on iOS or to detect when we are coming back from being suspended in the background?  

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

@timbauguess 

I am afraid it is not available in current PowerApps. Need to open the App to pass parameters every time.

So the only way is to remove the app in the background first and restart the software each time.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,593)