cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrNappa
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

"Sign in required" error messages in incognito chrome windows

As I sometimes work on different environments/accounts/customers, I've made it my habit to visit make.powerapps.com in incognito mode to reduce chances of account mixups or cookies from 'wrong' accounts messing things up. (I'm using Chrome)

In the past, this worked fine, however, recently, a lot of error messages have started popping up when I do this, so much to the point I can't even open an app or create a new one.  It just keeps looping back with "Sign in required" messages, and even when I do this it just keeps popping up that message.

Is this a known issue? I've even cleared all cookies and cache but it doesn't help ( not that it should matter anyway, since it's an incognito window). What's going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, thanks for your input.

However, after some more testing, it appeared as this is somehow related to the chrome installation:

* Different browser from the same computer works fine.
* Same browser, different computer (outside of this pc's network) works fine.
* Same browser, different computer (from the same network) works fine.
* (just as another data point; I also sometimes got these error messages in non-incognito windows)

That means the error was somewhere on my end, but I had no idea how/where. In the end I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, which seems to have solved the issue, at least for now. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mcin9781
Community Support
Community Support

I tried to reproduced the issue on my cpu and was not able to do so.  This can occur if the your companies security compliance policy has changed.  Do you have a trial CRM account that you can try to login with from the incognito browser to see if it is accessible with a different domain?  If not below is a link for CRM trial sign up.

https://trials.dynamics.com/

Hi, thanks for your input.

However, after some more testing, it appeared as this is somehow related to the chrome installation:

* Different browser from the same computer works fine.
* Same browser, different computer (outside of this pc's network) works fine.
* Same browser, different computer (from the same network) works fine.
* (just as another data point; I also sometimes got these error messages in non-incognito windows)

That means the error was somewhere on my end, but I had no idea how/where. In the end I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, which seems to have solved the issue, at least for now. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,161)