cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHagedorn

"Sign in to start using Power Apps" for SharePoint Online Custom Form Web Part

We have a Power Apps custom form created from a SharePoint Online list and this form was added to a SharePoint Online page as a web part. We are getting a prompt to sign into Power Apps in certain browsers / applications. For instance, when I go to the SharePoint page in Edge, I get a "Sign in to start using Power Apps" message across the custom form (see attachment). I click the "Sign in" button and the form displays fine. The same is true for viewing the SharePoint page via Microsoft Teams desktop, however when I click "Sign in" here, I have to click my 365 account, then click Sign in again, my account again, and THEN I can get to the form. In Teams I have the SharePoint page added as a tab in one of my teams. The message is different when I'm on the Teams phone app. There it says "Power Apps is unable to complete sign in. Please make sure third party cookies are allowed in your browser settings." (see attachment) And yes, third party cookies are allowed in my Edge, Chrome and Firefox browser settings.
When I go to the SharePoint page in Chrome and Firefox, the custom form web part shows up fine without a prompt to sign in. Please see attachments to view what we're seeing on our SharePoint page via Edge/Teams vs Chrome. Does this boil down to browser settings? Teams? Something I need to set up in Power Apps as admin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This ended up being a problem with one of the custom form's field settings. I have a person/group field in the form with a customized default so that whoever is signed into SharePoint and filling out the form, their name auto populates in the person/group field. Once I set the default value of this person/group field back to Default.Parent, the sign in / third party cookies prompt went away in all browsers and the Teams app. So something about the single sign on functionality in the SharePoint / Power Apps custom form was causing the hiccup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CHagedorn,

For the issue that you need to re- authenticate in Edge, you can try to add https://*.powerapps.com and https://*.sharepoint.com into your trusted sites. The easiest way to do this is to go to IE > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted sites, click “Sites” to add the site URL. Remember to restart Edge for that to take effect.

v-albai-msft_0-1616493567879.png

For your Teams desktop issue, adding https://*.teams.microsoft.com  to the "Local intranet" zone.  Also need to restart your Teams desktop and check the results.

For the issue that in your Teams mobile app, does this issue happens on all users or just some specified users? Since everything works fine on my side, I would suggest you check below:

1. Check your device system whether meet the requirements:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

2. If you are using IOS, change below settings for your mobile:

v-albai-msft_1-1616493567888.png

Refer to below article if you are also using Android:

https://www.sundaycouponinserts.com/how-to-enable-3rd-party-cookies/

Best Regards,

Allen

This ended up being a problem with one of the custom form's field settings. I have a person/group field in the form with a customized default so that whoever is signed into SharePoint and filling out the form, their name auto populates in the person/group field. Once I set the default value of this person/group field back to Default.Parent, the sign in / third party cookies prompt went away in all browsers and the Teams app. So something about the single sign on functionality in the SharePoint / Power Apps custom form was causing the hiccup.

View solution in original post

Hi @CHagedorn ,

Glad that you have found the cause. You can mark your reply as an solution, this will benefit other community members who stuck with the same question.

Best regards,

Allen

I have the same problem with Chrome and Edge. I added the sites to the Trusted sites with no luck. What else can I do?

Do you have any people fields in your form that are auto-populating with the signed-in user's account? That was what ended up being my problem. Once I removed the formula for single-sign in and left the people field blank (so the end user has to enter their name to populate the field), the form displays on the page and in Teams without issue.

ElliotPineda

No, I do not have. In my case, I take a parameter from the URL as a variable to search in a SharePoint list and populate the data in powerapps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,331)