cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AW
Helper II
Helper II

"This app isn't opening correctly"

I have an app that I've been working on for a few months. It was working fine over this time, and as I try to go live, I'm now receiving the error "This app isn't opening correctly". I tried saving as a new name, and I also tried removing each screen and related components to try to find a cause. I also created a new app and pasted in the information on the main page (which is just labels and links; no dynamic content) and it still failed. As a final step, I created a new app and just added an icon and a label and have the same problem. More interestingly, the app will open fine on Android, iOS, and in a web browser. It only fails using the Power Apps app (on Windows). I have tried on multiple Windows PCs (Windows 10 and Win11). I assumed it was a software version/update issue, so I uninstalled it on the Win11 PC and reinstalled (this was a recent install - within a week, to begin with), and still have the same issue. I do see the "For a better experience, try the new Power Apps" ribbon at the top, but that links directs to a Preview version with the points below:

• This is a preview feature.
  • Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have restricted functionality. These features are available before an official release so that customers can get early access and provide feedback.
  • This feature is being gradually rolled out across regions and might not be available yet in your region.

I will try this version, but before I get too far in, has anyone found a different solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AW
Helper II
Helper II

Update: The Preview version does resolve the problem. However, the Preview version doesn't run the app full-screen, which is one of the preferences for using the app. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AW
Helper II
Helper II

Update: The Preview version does resolve the problem. However, the Preview version doesn't run the app full-screen, which is one of the preferences for using the app. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,981)