cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jharville
Resolver I
Resolver I

"This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation" when using ThisItem.Comments

I am building a dynamic approval panel where a user inputs text for a comment box called "popOptionalComments." When I try to show the comments that the user inputted, in my Gallery, I am met with This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

promo1.PNGpromo2.PNG

When I put popOptionalComments.text, it'll show the same user input for all my records, which is not what I want...that's why I'm using ThisItem.Comments to get it to show the input for that record only.

Thank you!!

5 REPLIES 5
FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

Hi @jharville 

Could you let me know what source you're using? And more importantly, could you show me a possible record of said source? Meaning, what columns do you have?

Also, what is the DataSource and Items property of your Form?

The approach with ThisItem.Comments was absolutely correct. So the issue needs to be somewhere else.

Kind regards,

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Thank you for the response. My Gallery to show the display for my Approvals/Rejects is called "Gallery 2." My edit form is called "EditForm1." Notice that they are separate entities on the left-hand Tree View column.

Response 1.PNG

Here are the DataSource and Item property of my Form. (varRecord is to save all of the items of the submission of the form)

Response 2.PNGResponse 3.PNG

Also, here is a look of my columns in my SharePoint list, which receive the patch from my code perfectly fine.

Response 4.PNG

krishnags
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

try disable "Explicit Column Selection" in Canvas App. In edit mode, File -> Settings 

I really do appreciate the response, but unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Hi @jharville 

Sorry for the late response. I was quite busy these days.

Since your gallery is showing the record of the form you're displaying, you basically have two elements showing the same thing. 

Is there a reason you have it this way? You could simply hide/unhide the comments/approval buttons in your EditForm as well. 

Either way, this does look correct. Where do you set varRecord? Perhaps the error is somewhere with this variable.

Kind regards

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,688)