cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

"To use all features in this app, update it to the most recent version" Popup

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

Recently, I am getting a white (fg)/ cyan (bg) pop up saying "To use all features in this app, update it to the most recent version."
This is completely useless, irratating, and confusing.
And it seems to make no sense at all.
This dialog pops up for PowerApps which only have one version, which is obviously the published one.
This dialog also pops up for PowerApps which have the latest version published.
Screenshot_20190404-160111.png

My PowerApps version on the phone (3.19034.10) at the time of writing and testing (2019-04-04, 16:11 Berlin time) seems to be most recent one as well.
image.png

My questions:

1. How do I get rid of this update dialog?
    Even in cases where I don't have the most recent version for whatever reason, I might not want to have users see this.
  2. Why is this dialog/popup showing up at all in cases of already using the most recent versions?
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Check your app store and make sure you update your actual powerapp application. The latest version did fix my issue. 

Highlighted

Never mind, I download the new version of powerapp and it works!

Thank you so much again for all you help.

Highlighted

Thank you,

It worked.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Multiple of our users are currently experiencing this (2019-04-10 @ 19:00 EDT).

Confirmed that users have latest PA app version as available in the Apple App store (i.e. 3.19041.12) and that our app is the latest, published version (which is one in the same as the published version is the highest version # of the app).

Tried clearing the PA app's cache but still getting the method.

The affected app was published 2019-04-09 and shows a PA version of 3.19034.12

I'm tempted to edit the app and save/publish a new version to see if that forces our app to the same version as the PA (mobile) app.  Gonna hold off unless somebody says that is a required step to fix this irritation.

Any one?

Highlighted

It's a bug, they already said they are working on a new build to push through the app store. Currently there is no fix. 

Highlighted

Thanks.  Sorry, I guess I got confused by the Monday comments (Apr. 8th) from you, Mass, and farsami seeming to indicate the last update had fixed it.

We'll wait and see if the next release does the trick.

Fingers crossed.

Highlighted

It did ;).

But then they released another version next day that overwrote the fix. Another is coming that includes fix we just have to wait.
Highlighted

Yes, thank you for explaining the situation.  Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Highlighted

Yes, after installing the new version it was solved but I had to reset my IPad and install the PowerApps again and the bug presists.

Faramarz

Highlighted

The fix has been rolled out for Android and should be available for iOS this weekend.  Thank you again for your patience with this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,934)