cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
gavinleung
Resolver I
Resolver I

"You don't have permission to use this lookup" on a Sharepoint List Person column

Hi all, 

 

I'm building an app (let's call it App A) on Sharepoint List, in which there is a column with Person type. In my app, I added a Connection with Sharepoint, and a data source of the List. All columns are ok, except the Person column. Supposingly I shall be able to search another use of the site in my app, but I have got the captioned error "You don't have persmissions to use this lookup". 

 

Then I created an app (let's call it App B) directly from the Sharepoint site, I can do what I want to do, ie I can seach another user of the site and input the value into the list thru the app. 

 

Both apps are leveraging the same list with same set of users. Why is the behaviour different ? And how to fix the issue on App A? 

 

Many thanks!

Gavin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gavinleung ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that you could not the LookUp field in your Edit form of your app?

 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider remove the SP list data source from your App A, then re-add a new connection to your SP List from your App A, then check if the issue is solved.

 

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on the SP list, check if the issue is fixed.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gavinleung ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that you could not the LookUp field in your Edit form of your app?

 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider remove the SP list data source from your App A, then re-add a new connection to your SP List from your App A, then check if the issue is solved.

 

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on the SP list, check if the issue is fixed.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. But the issue solved without any reasons or modification on the List...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,794)