cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
gavinleung
Resolver I
Resolver I

"You don't have permission to use this lookup" on a Sharepoint List Person column

Hi all, 

 

I'm building an app (let's call it App A) on Sharepoint List, in which there is a column with Person type. In my app, I added a Connection with Sharepoint, and a data source of the List. All columns are ok, except the Person column. Supposingly I shall be able to search another use of the site in my app, but I have got the captioned error "You don't have persmissions to use this lookup". 

 

Then I created an app (let's call it App B) directly from the Sharepoint site, I can do what I want to do, ie I can seach another user of the site and input the value into the list thru the app. 

 

Both apps are leveraging the same list with same set of users. Why is the behaviour different ? And how to fix the issue on App A? 

 

Many thanks!

Gavin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gavinleung ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that you could not the LookUp field in your Edit form of your app?

 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider remove the SP list data source from your App A, then re-add a new connection to your SP List from your App A, then check if the issue is solved.

 

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on the SP list, check if the issue is fixed.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gavinleung ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that you could not the LookUp field in your Edit form of your app?

 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider remove the SP list data source from your App A, then re-add a new connection to your SP List from your App A, then check if the issue is solved.

 

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on the SP list, check if the issue is fixed.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks. But the issue solved without any reasons or modification on the List...

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,326)