cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

"make.powerapps.com" - what shows up there, and for whom?

Full disclosure, I cross posted this here "make.powerapps.com" shows which apps there? | Power Apps Exchange (powerappsug.com) with limited response.

So I'm learning PowerApps, and I feel like one of the fundamental aspects that I ought to learn early & often has to do with sharing, distribution, security, visibility etc.  One of the things that concerns me is I don't yet feel like I have a good, solid understanding of who sees what apps when we go to make.powerapps.com

I work for a very large organization.  However, our foray into PowerApps is in its infancy.  

When I go to make.powerapps.com, I see about 20 apps.  Including some that I'm fairly sure were never explicitly shared with me.  My boss made a couple apps and I see both of them, but someone else on our team doesn't see either of them (even though the app was shared with both me and them).

Even the "edit" option is available to me on a few of the apps which someone else made, who and which I've never even heard of, nor they me.  

Although I'm sure there is a definitive answer to this question, I haven't been able to see it, and the reality before my eyes seems like a hodgepodge of unpredictable list of apps.  

I guess one thing that would satisfy me is to simply know that NOBODY will be able to use or play my apps unless I have explicitly shared it with them.  Is this, at least, a true statement ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paherna
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @isaac1,

Welcome to the Power Apps world! Security in Power Platform altogether can be a little complex for sure. 

To answer your question first, no one should be able to edit/view/share your app if you have not previously shared it with a team and/or user. 

A System Administration might be able to see apps in the Power Platform Admin Center, but not edit them. 

The applications you probably see under https://make.powerapps.com have probably been shared with a Security Group you belong to, and not necessarily shared explicitly with you.  To be able to actually edit apps, you will require an Environment Maker role: Configure user security in an environment - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Can create new resources associated with an environment, including apps, connections, custom APIs, gateways, and flows using Microsoft Power Automate. However, this role doesn't have any privileges to access data within an environment. Environment makers can also distribute the apps they build in an environment to other users in your organization. They can share the app with individual users, security groups, or all users in the organization.

For more information on how to share apps and other security considerations around this, refer to: Share a canvas app with your organization - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Thanks!

Community Support Team - Paola

If this Post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
paherna
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @isaac1,

Welcome to the Power Apps world! Security in Power Platform altogether can be a little complex for sure. 

To answer your question first, no one should be able to edit/view/share your app if you have not previously shared it with a team and/or user. 

A System Administration might be able to see apps in the Power Platform Admin Center, but not edit them. 

The applications you probably see under https://make.powerapps.com have probably been shared with a Security Group you belong to, and not necessarily shared explicitly with you.  To be able to actually edit apps, you will require an Environment Maker role: Configure user security in an environment - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Can create new resources associated with an environment, including apps, connections, custom APIs, gateways, and flows using Microsoft Power Automate. However, this role doesn't have any privileges to access data within an environment. Environment makers can also distribute the apps they build in an environment to other users in your organization. They can share the app with individual users, security groups, or all users in the organization.

For more information on how to share apps and other security considerations around this, refer to: Share a canvas app with your organization - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Thanks!

Community Support Team - Paola

If this Post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,027)