recently - this stopped working unexpectedly - 

I have very simple Sharepoint column Yes/No with default as No

And in PowerApps , I have radio buttons with  - radio1 values as below

Items : ["yes","no"]

Defailt : Parent.Default

OnSelect :true

OnChange : true

datacard values as:

update :true  (when i put radio1.selected.value , it underlines "value" in blue )

default:true

any suggestion ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Supposedly it was fixed a while ago, we tested it in our environment and confirmed the fix. If it doesn't work in yours, raise a support ticket and mention our ticket #118101921000877.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ssvk,

By default, the Yes/No column should be shown as a dropdown control in Form control. If you want to use a Radio button instead, then you should follow below steps to make it work inside the Form:

1. Unlock the data card, delete the default dropdown control, and insert a Radio control.

2. Set below formulas:

Radio1.Items= ["Yes","No"]
Radio1.Default= ThisItem.YesNo.Value
DataCardValue11.Update= Radio1.Selected

I just tested and this works for me.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-monli-msft,

the Yes/No column showed as toggle in powerapp form .

I replaced that with radio buttons - yes ,no

Radio1.Items= ["Yes","No"]      - this is in place 

Radio1.Default= ThisItem.YesNo.Value   - this doesnt work , it is coming like - ThisItem.column_name
DataCardValue11.Update= Radio1.Selected  - this gives red line under "Selected"

my powerapp verison is - 3.18092.18

Hi @v-monli-msft

I updated settings as below , and selected value is showing in powerapp studio, but when I edit an item from sharepoint list,the form shows no option selected - both yes/no radio button is blank. can you help on this ?

Radio1 options - 

Default - If(Parent.Default, "no", "yes")

Items - ["yes","no"]

OnSelect - If(Radio_1.Selected.Value = "yes", Set(DataCardValue, "yes"),If(Radio_1.Selected.Value = "no", Set(DataCardValue, "no")))

DataCardValue -

Default - false

Update - true

Hi @ssvk, I have exactly the same issue as you're experiencing - the radiobuttons don't display values in the Edit form. Did you find a solution to that?

Hi @ElenaN

Not yet , still working to figure this out , I wil lpost one I get something 

@v-monli-msft - is it working for you ?

krywar
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue myself -- albeit inconsistently.  Sometimes all of the values show up correctly, other times upon form load, the values do not.  Any updates?

Hi @v-monli-msft,

any update????

I still have a support ticket open for this issue and the latest on it is that the fix will be deployed at the end of this week. 

@ssvk @ElenaN  - any update on this?  running into the same issue...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,633)