cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuCundy
Post Patron
Post Patron

record user and date sent on sending email

I have a list of people in a gallery and I want to email them an invitation.  On sending the email I want the field "Status" to read "asking" another field to show date and time email sent and who sent it.  If possible a link that the recipient would click to accept or decline the invitationI would change the status label from Asking to Yes or No.  

I don't know where to begin but I do have an email that works from a button in gallery.

Look forward to some direction with thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

few questions:

1. Is this based on an SP list

2. Are you using PowerAutomatefor the email?

There is an send email with options Office365Outlook.SendMailWithOptions() choice but I am not sure how that works.

If I do this I use PowerAutomate to send an email with options which is pretty easy to create. depends on how the data is retrieved.

chsanche
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StuCundy 

Can you please be more specific about the "Status" and "asking" fields? Also, do you have a template of how you want the email to look like? Are you using Power Automate to send the email or are you sending it directly from the application?

Best Regards

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

Hi @leyburn19 

Yes it is a SP list.  It is a list called HostSearch My Email was set up using the following method.

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(LookUp(HOSTFAMILIESTest,ID=ThisItem.HostID,HostEmail),"Test from Gallery ID: "&ID,"Test Message")

I can set something up with PowerSAutomate if that's the way to go.

Hi @chsanche 

So at the moment I just have a choice field for the Status [Asking],[Yes],[No] and manual select.  Email just from application like I replied to @leyburn19 .

You can this in PowerAutmate using teh PowerApps Trigger.

1. PowerApps Trigger
  2. Get Items (SP list) Filter: ID eq 'Ask in powerapps'
  3. Send an email with Options
    1. If email in the SP list use it.  If not use another Ask in PowerApps argument
    2.  Set Options (something like Will Attend,Must Appologise  )
  4.  After reply receive - Ad a condition action
    1.  Option = Will Attend
      1. Action: Send an email to yourself saying accepted
      2. Action: Update Item in SP list ID= Get Items ID
        1.  Update the user sent field with user name (use Ask in PowerApps)
        2.  Update the date sent field with user name (use Ask in PowerApps)
        3. Update the ack field is there is one

Hi @leyburn19 

Thank you for this explanation.  I have only made one automate before so just got a bit stuck.

I managed to get to stage 4...

automate.png

From here where do I go?  Maybe there is some videos I can watch?

Next step in the Apply to each add a condition action.   You have given yourself 3 Options so I would  put the main option in teh condition.  EG: Selected Option Contains Yes would like to host this group

No when user clicks it will travel down teh true side and the other option will go via the false.  On the false side you can do another condition based on those answer if you like.

Here is one of mine to look at

Capture.PNG

Hi @leyburn19 
I have made some progress.  I made one condition which did not report any errors but when testing it asks me for Getitems_LimitEntriestoFolder.   If I enter the name of the SP list i want the flow to run and enter an ID of the test item it starts the test.  I do receive an email and I have the options appear in the email.  If I click YES I get another email asking the same thing and the test status in flow is still running.

I know I need to make more conditions for the other 2 options but do you know any reason for the repeating email?

If you selected a field from the get items list, then it is likely it is put your email in a for each loop. This will be the reason that when you approve or whatever the action is the email will fire again if there is more than one record in the get items list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,252)