cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yahya98
Level: Powered On

recover the answers into excel

Hello everyone, I would like to know how I could retrieve responses from users of the application such as responses to check boxes, text entry or a drop-down list. the ideal would be to recover them on an excel file according to each screen you can find an example of eran in I would like to recover the answers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: recover the answers into excel

Hey @yahya98 

The way to get the response from different controls differs with each control type.

For Text Inputs and Labels -> ControlName.Text
ForCheckbox -> CheckboxName.Value -> This is returned as Boolean.
For Combobox -> ComboboxName.Selected.ColumnName -> For single selection
For Combobox -> ComboboxName.SelectedItems.ColumnName -> For multiple selection
For Dropdown -> DrodownName.Selected.ColumnName

To save the results in Excel, you need to use Patch command, the expression can be used on the "OnSelect" property of the button control.

Patch(DataSourceName,Defaults(DataSourceName),{Col1:TextInput1.Text,Col2:Dropdown1.Selected.Value})

Note: You can use Intellisense in the PowerApps studio to autofill the formula for correct column/control names.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @yahya98 

You have to create the excel file beforehand and add it to any of the cloud platforms like OneDrive/OneDrive for Business. Then, you have to create a connection to the excel sheet and then you will be able to populate the data.

Note: the excel sheet must be formatted as a table.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @yahya98 

The way to get the response from different controls differs with each control type.

For Text Inputs and Labels -> ControlName.Text
ForCheckbox -> CheckboxName.Value -> This is returned as Boolean.
For Combobox -> ComboboxName.Selected.ColumnName -> For single selection
For Combobox -> ComboboxName.SelectedItems.ColumnName -> For multiple selection
For Dropdown -> DrodownName.Selected.ColumnName

To save the results in Excel, you need to use Patch command, the expression can be used on the "OnSelect" property of the button control.

Patch(DataSourceName,Defaults(DataSourceName),{Col1:TextInput1.Text,Col2:Dropdown1.Selected.Value})

Note: You can use Intellisense in the PowerApps studio to autofill the formula for correct column/control names.

Hope this Helps!

yahya98
Level: Powered On

Thanks for your time i have a little question do i need to create the excel file or it will be created automatically

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @yahya98 

You have to create the excel file beforehand and add it to any of the cloud platforms like OneDrive/OneDrive for Business. Then, you have to create a connection to the excel sheet and then you will be able to populate the data.

Note: the excel sheet must be formatted as a table.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,038)