Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonio_piernav
Helper III
Helper III

remove with many datasource

i need help please

I have a gallery connected to various data sources using an "if" formula, and I want to delete it when selecting an icon in the gallery, I have tried with the "remove" formula and as a data source I put the "if" formula and it gives me a error, tells me that this formula is not valid for that formula, Any solution?

Error =” the specified data source can not be used with this function”12.png

any ideas??

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Delid4ve
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not know any language other than English but hey worth a go..

RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID)

get rid of the If functions and just do:

RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID);RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID);RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID)

View solution in original post

antonio_piernav
Helper III
Helper III

What a good solution! It work very well...thank you very much you have helped me a lot, thank!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Delid4ve
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not know any language other than English but hey worth a go..

RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID)

get rid of the If functions and just do:

RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID);RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID);RemoveIf(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID)

antonio_piernav
Helper III
Helper III

What a good solution! It work very well...thank you very much you have helped me a lot, thank!!
dimi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@antonio_piernav

I am facing the same issue here but i think either i am overseeing someting or you are Smiley Very Happy

So lets say you have 2 datasources, lets call them S1 and S2.

S1 has 5 items so therefore lets say they each have id's incrementing (1,2,3,4,5), same for S2.

Now what happens when you apply above functions (lets say ThisItem.ID is 2), it will delete an item with ID 2 in S1 AND in S2 isn't it?

So i don't get why this removeIf with the nested if's is not working... it should be possible.

Let me know what you think about it please.

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,661)