cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

reset all control

Hi, 

I would like help to reset all controls with a button. 

I am not able to add arguments to the reset formula, see the image below. I just want to delete the textinput not manually.

I succeed in using the reset formula but only for a control

valerieperreaul_0-1613140078939.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Here's a quick way...

On all of the controls you want reset by the button, set the Reset property of the control to : yourButtonName.Pressed

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MasterB
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Anonymous ,

The first thing that came to my mind - use a form for all your input controls. With the ResetForm function you can reset all controls in the form to there Default value, which might be "" -> empty.

I don't know what you do with the data you input, but may be a Form control will make thinks like writing to a datasource easier too..

Code on!!!

Best

Jan aka MasterB

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Here's a quick way...

On all of the controls you want reset by the button, set the Reset property of the control to : yourButtonName.Pressed

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hi @RandyHayes ;
nice - learned something - which is always a good thing!!!

Code on!!!

Best

Jan aka MasterB

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MasterB 

I also show another method for screen resetting in a video on Easy Screen Resets.

However, I also agree with your response to @Anonymous , the look from the picture screams "Gallery" or "EditForm"

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much 🙂 

Thanks @RandyHayes I will take a look at the video - appreciate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,233)