cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valerieperreaul

reset all control

Hi, 

I would like help to reset all controls with a button. 

I am not able to add arguments to the reset formula, see the image below. I just want to delete the textinput not manually.

I succeed in using the reset formula but only for a control

valerieperreaul_0-1613140078939.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@valerieperreaul 

Here's a quick way...

On all of the controls you want reset by the button, set the Reset property of the control to : yourButtonName.Pressed

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MasterB
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @valerieperreaul ,

The first thing that came to my mind - use a form for all your input controls. With the ResetForm function you can reset all controls in the form to there Default value, which might be "" -> empty.

I don't know what you do with the data you input, but may be a Form control will make thinks like writing to a datasource easier too..

Code on!!!

Best

Jan aka MasterB

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@valerieperreaul 

Here's a quick way...

On all of the controls you want reset by the button, set the Reset property of the control to : yourButtonName.Pressed

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hi @RandyHayes ;
nice - learned something - which is always a good thing!!!

Code on!!!

Best

Jan aka MasterB

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MasterB 

I also show another method for screen resetting in a video on Easy Screen Resets.

However, I also agree with your response to @valerieperreaul , the look from the picture screams "Gallery" or "EditForm"

thank you very much 🙂 

Thanks @RandyHayes I will take a look at the video - appreciate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,820)