cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrabhuRajaram
Frequent Visitor

restrict user to manual edit in dropdown

i have created an app, and it has one Choice drop down field for user to select Yes or No options. how can i restrict the user not to type the manual text in that dropdown box, for now it is accepting if user manually type any text other than Yes or No option given in Drop down.

PrabhuRajaram_0-1618473298918.png

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PrabhuRajaram ,

Change the control type from Combo Box to Drop-down and users will have to select one of the options. If you want to show a blank box initially, change the AllowEmptySelection to true.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

i don't such option in my screen. please explain how can i change it, where could i see that option to change as you said.

PrabhuRajaram_0-1618492937509.png

@PrabhuRajaram ,

You will need to add a new drop-down into the card, change the Default to the DefaultSelectedItems of the Combo Box, the Items to the same as the Combo Box change and the Update of the data card to replace the combo box name with the drop-down name. 

I assumed when I posted that you may know how to do this, so if you do not understand the concept, it may be better to leave it alone.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,882)