Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

right justify curser

Hi All,

I have numeric field in my gallery, and when you click into the field, the curser is on the left of the numbers.  When your on a PC using the APP your keyboard will take care of it for you, but when your on your mobile it's hard to click on the right side of the field to be able to delete what's in the field and edit it.

I am trying to either select the full number "OnSelect" or right justify the curser.

TIA,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@joef 

Have you considered just turning on the Clear Button option on the input control?  This would allow a single click to clear the input.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@joef 

Have you considered just turning on the Clear Button option on the input control?  This would allow a single click to clear the input.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks @RandyHayes ,

That works, but it puts an X on the right of the number.  I have "OnChange" to make sure there is a value, so hitting the X does nothing until you use the backspace to clear the value.  

Is there a way to just clear the data without the X?  If not I will add the need to use the backspace not the X in my training :).

Thanks Again!!

Joe

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@joef 

The X should be clearing the entire textinput unless you are doing something else in your OnChange, this would be the normal operation.  I would not advise using the OnChange to check for a value but instead put this outside of the TextInput.  

If you are trying to have the input clear when it is selected, then you can put the following into your OnSelect action of the control : Reset(Self)

This will reset the control to the Default value.  If you have an initial Default value that you want to display initially, then when they select the control that it clears, then use the following method.

In the OnSelect :   UpdateContext({lclResetValue:true});  Reset(Self)

In the Default : If(lclResetValue, "", <yourInitialValueHere>)

joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

HI @RandyHayes ,

I have been trying to figure out where else I can place the checker if there is a value and it's a whole number.

I can't wait until they click the save, because I want them to know they messed up as they are going along. 

If the save button stops them and they have to look to see what's wrong, it won't fly here.

Thanks Again,

Joe

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@joef 

Personally, I would just set the Border Color or Fill to something noticeable and possibly provide an error message label near it.

Something like this:

For message label : Visible property : IsBlank(yourTextInput.Text) && whatever criteria you need

For the TextInput Fill : If(theErrorLabel.Visible, Red, White)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,199)