Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KubaL
Helper I
Helper I

ronPowerApps - more users using one app on one device

Hi Guys,

i have a question about PowerApps licensing.

I would like to create a single application in PowerApps based on for example "Run Single Apps" license.

This app will be used on one device. but users can be more - but from my point of view, login or users information is not required.

It is allow to use the application with one "device" account? - from licensing point?

thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

You can buy the Per App license. 

Since login is not required for you, that would serve your purpose.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

IMO it is not the best architecture broadly speaking as you have to then manage user "authentication" through your PowerApp. But that said it is perfectly fine to buy one license and apply it to a single account that you build your PowerApp on. You lose out on features that would allow to really track each individual user but from a licensing standpoint there is no issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
eka24
Super User
Super User

You can buy the Per App license. 

Since login is not required for you, that would serve your purpose.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thank you, for quick answer.

But what if i want use some kind of "login screen" in app? i want put there only number code, to identify "operator" not user.

Thanks again,

@KubaL 

In answer to your question about the login screen, you can adapt the technique that's shown here.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-create-a-login-page/m-p/527345/highli...

You can follow this article:

http://www.edwardhk.com/ms-office/login-page-using-sharepoint-powerapps/

------------

Useful information!

But it is OK from licensing point of view?

Can i use only one single app license?

IMO it is not the best architecture broadly speaking as you have to then manage user "authentication" through your PowerApp. But that said it is perfectly fine to buy one license and apply it to a single account that you build your PowerApp on. You lose out on features that would allow to really track each individual user but from a licensing standpoint there is no issue.

Thank you @StormEAnderson 

of course, i understand these "limitations", but if it's required input quickly some data, re-login for each time, probably will be frustrating.

Ya totally understandable. That's where I'd say it's a real benefit of Power Apps to be able to re-create that kind of authentication logic / user management easy enough. Only reason I throw my "best practice" hat at it is because it is security by obscurity but if the user only has access to the data store through the PowerApp on the device provided, arguably they would never be able to get to the data store on their own anyways so I think your approach is still a valid one given your situation.

@StormEAnderson 

I just only consider about multiplexing.. is it related with this topic?,

i saw some posts, about similar situation, and saw answers that this approach is not correct..

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,771)