cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

save drop down list

I have a drop down list with these values 500; 1000; 1500; 2000; 5000 and can also be entered values, now I want to save those values ​​in a sharepoint list and then show it in another window. But only the last selected record saves me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CarlosN ,

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please share a bit more about the 'CantidadCotizar' field in your SP List? Is it a Text type column?

Further, do you want to save selected multiple options from your CBoxCantCotizar_1 ComboBox/Dropdown box?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. On your side, you should modify your formula as below:

Patch(
      'Solicitudes Expres';
      Defaults('Solicitudes Expres');
      {
         CantidadCotizar: Left(
                               Concat(CBoxCantCotizar_1.SelectedItems; Value & " - "),
                               Len(Concat(CBoxCantCotizar_1.SelectedItems; Value & " - ")) - 3
                          ),
      }
)

Note: It is not necessary to create multiple Text Input boxes to collect the number value option, I think your CBoxCantCotizar_1 Dropdown box is OK.

Please try above solution, check if the issue is solved. If you have solved your problem or the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

so you are saying that you want to select multiple values and then save them all to a list?

instead of a dropdown you should use a combo box. 

Then you can use ForAll when you Patch

List: ForAll(ComboBox1.SelectedItems, {
                '@odata.type' : "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                Id: Id,
                Value: Value
            })
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I don't understand your code

Highlighted

If you want to save multiple items you have to use For all

This can loop through multiple records and save each of them, like how you say

@CarlosN wrote:

I want to save those values ​​in a sharepoint list

I'm suggesting you ditch the dropdown and replace it with a combo box, then user ForAll to loop through the selected items and create records for all of them.

Dropdowns only support single selections--that is whay you are only getting one value.

Highlighted

Thank you,
I couldn't with combo box, I used tex box and other code.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CarlosN ,

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please share a bit more about the 'CantidadCotizar' field in your SP List? Is it a Text type column?

Further, do you want to save selected multiple options from your CBoxCantCotizar_1 ComboBox/Dropdown box?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. On your side, you should modify your formula as below:

Patch(
      'Solicitudes Expres';
      Defaults('Solicitudes Expres');
      {
         CantidadCotizar: Left(
                               Concat(CBoxCantCotizar_1.SelectedItems; Value & " - "),
                               Len(Concat(CBoxCantCotizar_1.SelectedItems; Value & " - ")) - 3
                          ),
      }
)

Note: It is not necessary to create multiple Text Input boxes to collect the number value option, I think your CBoxCantCotizar_1 Dropdown box is OK.

Please try above solution, check if the issue is solved. If you have solved your problem or the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,653)