cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

saving data on a mobile device

Hello

I have a table with 10000 rows and 30 columns that I have to load in a collection. This app will be used on a mobile device and the collection will be used in a off line scenario. Therefore the SaveData feature will be used

My question is will the mobile device be able to save all this data in cache?

Thank you so much for reading my question

Marco

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mpezzutti 

There are few things we need to note in this requirement:

10K rows and 30 columns:

a. What are the data types of these 30 columns? are they complex or simple?

b. What is the approximate size of 10K x 30 column data?

c. Are the mobile devices dedicated for this app? Do we know how much memory all mobile devices contains which uses this app?

For large data, I definitely recommend validating the use case by performing a POC. 

If the mobile device is connected, are you going to perform heavy operations to sync the data back to the data source? We definitely need test it.

Microsoft docs reference article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps

There is a statement in the above article: 

"These functions are limited by the amount of available app memory because they operate on an in-memory collection. Available memory can vary depending on the device, the operating system, the memory that Power Apps Mobile uses, and the complexity of the app in terms of screens and controls. If you store more than a few megabytes of data, test your app with expected scenarios on the devices on which you expect it to run. You'll generally have 30-70 megabytes of available memory.

The functions also don't automatically resolve merge conflicts when a device comes online. Configuration on what data is saved and how to handle reconnection is up to the maker when writing expressions."

Validate all the use cases before implementing the requirement.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,115)