cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

select 2 checkbox problem

Hello guys I'm trying to do a page using checkbox more then 2...but now I'm trying with 2 checkbox and text

but when I'm selected 2 box only 1 data go save in excel table....how do I want to make 2 data save in excel 1 row...

If success i'll proceed with more then 2 checkbox..

Here the screenshot and the code I used:

1.PNG2.PNG

Any solution for this problem? Hopefully I can get hep ASAP

Rgd

Azzam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Participant
Power Participant

Good morning!

You do two calls to Patch, so naturally you get two records in the database. If you want only one record, you have to make only one call to Patch!

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName,RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text})

What you also might want to do is to check if a checkbox have been clicked, so you have to add an If-statement:

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName, If(Checkbox1.Value, RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text), If(Checkbox2.Value, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text)})

Lastly, you might want to store the current user in a variable at app start, using either Set or UpdateContext, so you don't have to do the time consuming call to User() every time.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Power Participant
Power Participant

Good morning!

You do two calls to Patch, so naturally you get two records in the database. If you want only one record, you have to make only one call to Patch!

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName,RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text})

What you also might want to do is to check if a checkbox have been clicked, so you have to add an If-statement:

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName, If(Checkbox1.Value, RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text), If(Checkbox2.Value, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text)})

Lastly, you might want to store the current user in a variable at app start, using either Set or UpdateContext, so you don't have to do the time consuming call to User() every time.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Thank you for your solutions...kindly apperciate it.. @BitLord69

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,458)