Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K369
Resolver II
Resolver II

send email when combobox value changed

Hello all,

I have a combobox with SP list choices as "Open" , "Closed".

When I change selection of combobox to "Closed" I want "Button1 selected which has code for sending email.

Is it possible?

Essentially what I am trying to achieve is , if user changes value of combobox to "Closed" , an email is sent.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Something like

If(ComboBoxSample.Selected.Value = "Closed", Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("You@youremail.com", "your subject", "message in the body"))

You will need to the add the outlook connector to use the outlook send email function.

View solution in original post

Hi KennyJ

Apologies for a late reply.

Your solution works very well and I have modified a bit. So big thank you to you.

Again very sorry for a late reply

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
KennyJ
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, 

couple of different ways you could do this.

If the user updates the record and Patches back the updated record you could do an if statement to check the value and then send out the required email on the same button click for the patch.

You could also use Power Automate for when records are modified which on runs when the result of the field is closed.  

Thank you KennyJ

Is it possible to give me some guidance on IF statement please

Something like

If(ComboBoxSample.Selected.Value = "Closed", Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("You@youremail.com", "your subject", "message in the body"))

You will need to the add the outlook connector to use the outlook send email function.

Hi KennyJ

Apologies for a late reply.

Your solution works very well and I have modified a bit. So big thank you to you.

Again very sorry for a late reply

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,899)