Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pokhani
Helper II
Helper II

send monthly alert to user without using flow

hi Expert

is there a way to send the alert to the list of user on monthly basis like 4th of each month to update without using flow.

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that the app would need to be running to do that and Power Apps automatically time out after a the session times out.  This is normally at about 20 minutes or so.  If the app is manually started on the 4th of each month you could have the app send the email.  Then record that it was sent in a data source so if it is started again later that day it doesn't resend.  But that is a lot of extra work for no real benefit.  A Power Automate flow with a recurrence trigger is the right way to do this and its much easier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that the app would need to be running to do that and Power Apps automatically time out after a the session times out.  This is normally at about 20 minutes or so.  If the app is manually started on the 4th of each month you could have the app send the email.  Then record that it was sent in a data source so if it is started again later that day it doesn't resend.  But that is a lot of extra work for no real benefit.  A Power Automate flow with a recurrence trigger is the right way to do this and its much easier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,862)