I'm trying to use the Service Desk template and before I even get to customise it, its is through up errors on both the Filter Page and the Tickets Page. Is there a known error in the template codre? These are the specific messages I'm getting. I havent changed anything yet...
Filter page - Fill fucntion - Invalid Name (on the 'Filter By')
If(ThisItem.'Filter By'="On hold", RGBA(227,48,12,1),If(ThisItem.'Filter By'="In progress",RGBA(195,179,5,1), If(ThisItem.'Filter By'="New",RGBA(56,86,153,1),If(ThisItem.'Filter By'="All",RGBA(128, 128, 128, 1), RGBA(71,185,50,1)))))
Filter page - On Select - Teh types of specified context variables are incompatible with the types specified elsewhere.
Tickets Page - Item - = invalid argument type and type invalid type error
If(type="All",Tickets,If(type="Tickets older than 3 days", Filter(Tickets, DateCreated <> datetype && DateCreated <> Text(Today()), DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -2)),DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -1))|| DateClosed <> datetype && DateClosed <> Text(Today()), DateClosed <> Text(DateAdd(Today(),-2)),DateClosed <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -1))),If(type="Tickets opened today",Filter(Tickets,datetype in DateCreated),If(type="Tickets closed today",Filter(Tickets,datetype in DateClosed),Filter(Tickets,type in Status)))))
Tickets page - Text - Property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Error values
I have reproduced this issue on my side. When I created an App from the Service Desk template, I got the same issue with you. With no customization on the functions, invalid errors occurred.
I would collect and report this issue, and I will update you once I get useful information.
Was this issue ever solved? I am currently having the exact same issue and would like to know if it is a bug in powerapps studio or an issue on my end.
I test this issue again but seems that it has not been fixed yet. I have reported from my side and I will update you if I get useful information.
Thanks for your feedback and patience.
I concur this is nearly always*** a bug; the "the types of the specified context variables are incompatible ..." message is now showing up for all of my PowerApps apps. My advice to all is don't bother fixing anyting as it 'seems' to fix itself after a few hours. Frustrating!
*** A while ago the message WAS correct but then it also exposed an unfortunate debug experience ... if a variable is defined correctly but assigned the wrong type of value 'somewhere else' then ANY mention of that variable gets an error; with no paper trail to step through. VERY difficult to find the source of the error (and the Experimental Variables area is only reveals where it's used i.e. no extra debug info)
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Check out how to claim yours today!
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.
We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks