Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vhutali
Microsoft
Microsoft

set a default for displaying data by SEARCH

Hi all,

I want to set a default display for a small rectangle. i have a couple of icons that when one selected, data related to the icon is displayed on a small rectangle and i achieved this by using search, not filter. 

i tried this: FIRST(TableName) and it didnt work

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Vhutali ,

As mentioned below - it is the Items of your Gallery.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @Vhutali ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Vhutali ,

What is the Search code you are using and what exactly to you want to see on the rectangle that is not there now?

Hi Warren

Here is the code: Search(Demonstrations, GalInfoVar,"crb7a_demoname")

I want to see the details of the first icon as default on the rectangle

Thanks @Vhutali ,

I probably did not ask enough questions

So

• Demonstrations is your list name 
  • GalInfoVar is a field in this List
  • You are looking for a specific string crb7a_demoname in this list

Is this what you are searching for or is crb7a_demoname a control name?

When you save default of a rectangle, are you referring to a text box?

What exactly is Data related to the icon?

Search(Demonstrations, GalInfoVar,"crb7a_demoname")

demonstrations is an entity name from the data source

GallinforVar is a variable 

crba-demo is a name of a control yes.

the rectangle displays the infor from the gallery, the gallery is called gallery1

So when i click a control , the info is filtered into the rectangle depending on what control is selected

now when i load the app the rectangle is blank, i want it to show something atleast. maybe the infor of the first control

tempsnip.png

@Vhutali ,

Yes, but what is "crb7a_demoname"?,

Are you looking for the contents of Control crb7a_demoIf so, what type of control is it?

Also the "rectangle" you describe - I this a label and what property of this do you have the code in?

You seem to be searching for the value in a control in a Variable. What is the Set code of this Variable?

"crb7a_demoname " is a column name in an entity, that is searchable and i'm using it to find content . so i'm searching the content by using a demoname, which is a primary field.

the rectangle is a shape, not a label,  . in it there's a gallery, and this code "Search(Demonstrations, GalInfoVar,"crb7a_demoname")"

is in the ITEMS property of the gallery

Thanks @Vhutali ,

Have you tried

Filter(
   Demonstrations,
   crb7a_demoname=GalInfoVar
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,072)