cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sravankcm
Level: Powered On

shared apps not found on home page of power apps

Hello, 

The app I shared with my users who have been using it since a few weeks cannot find the apps when they login to web.powerapps.com and go to "home" or even in "my apps". I have seen this with 3 of my users and I am guessing all of them cannot see the apps.

They currently go to the email they got when I shared the app and go from there to access the app.

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Garza
Level 8

Re: shared apps not found on home page of power apps

Have you tried that new Dynamics page. it may show up in there. Also, have the users click on the link provided in the email that is sent when you share it.

View solution in original post

flyte

@Ray_Garza wrote:

Hi, did you check the Dynamics 365? They should be listed in there.

Yes, it is there, but that's not the point. The point is, how do I instruct my users in using their app in their iPhone's when it doesn't even appear there, nor the "All Apps" list? 

Is the official instruction: 

1: Go launch the app from the notification email / Dynamics 365 and then 

2: Now you can use it within the PowerApps app on your iPhone?

I guess I'm looking for an "official" response as to why the sharing of the app isn't behaving properly. 

32 REPLIES 32
Power Apps Staff SinanE
Power Apps Staff

Hi,

Could it be that those users are looking at a different environment than the one app belongs to?

List of apps that you see is filtered based on the environment that's selected in the dropdown.

More details here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/working-with-environments/

Please let us know if this doesn't solve the issue.

Thanks,

Sinan

sravankcm

We both are int the same enviroment. I removed the user and then shared the app again. The user still cannot see the icon in home 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Sravankcm,

Is there a notification on PowerApps.com on the right navigation bar under Notifications on shared user’s account?
Have you refreshed the page to see if you could check the shared Apps?

I share an App to another account to test this issue, if I check the shared app immediately after sharing, I couldn’t find the App on that account, but after refreshing the page, the shared app would be shown.

If you still get this issue, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sravankcm

The person used a diffrent computer to check. It should not be this triciky to find apps shared with a user.

Ray_Garza
Level 8

Have you tried that new Dynamics page. it may show up in there. Also, have the users click on the link provided in the email that is sent when you share it.

Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

I find that some app consumers find sharing tricky in the following two scenarios most often:

1. They have multiple tenants where they log in with more than 1 set of credentials. In that case, they might be signed-in where the app is not shared (even when using the app launcher). So I encourage users with more than 1 set of credentials to practice using "In Private" or "Incognito" modes, after clearing cache.

2. The environments drop down can be forgotten. So I will help users to check which environment they are in before submitting an incident ticket.

Let me know if all is well and the apps have been found now.

Highlighted
sravankcm

Hi,

The apps are on Dynamics.

Thanks

Sravan

flyte

My users are also having problems finding the apps that I have shared with them.

The app doesn't appear on the list of "all apps" and we have ensured that the environment is the proper one. So the user must launch the app from the link within the share notification email. or from the user's notifications, but why wouldn't it appear in the all apps list?

Further, the app won't appear on a user's iPhone until it has been launched from the web. 

Has anyone else experienced these sharing and app visibility issues? We are very reluctant to "release" these to our senior management to use when and fundamental issues exist. 

flyte

Can anyone help here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,259)