Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sravankcm
Advocate I
Advocate I

shared apps not found on home page of power apps

Hello, 

The app I shared with my users who have been using it since a few weeks cannot find the apps when they login to web.powerapps.com and go to "home" or even in "my apps". I have seen this with 3 of my users and I am guessing all of them cannot see the apps.

They currently go to the email they got when I shared the app and go from there to access the app.

Thanks 

37 REPLIES 37
Kaja
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sarafankit, is there any updates or ETA for this bug?

We have a number of apps that were created from the list which from reading this thread is the reason why the apps aren't displayed in the Powerapps mobile app (even not under the 'All apps' view). 

Ditto on the request for status/ETA on a fix for this, please.

Our users, WHEN USING THE WEB BROWSER (i.e. https://make.powerapps.com)  do NOT see any apps listed when their access/perms to the app are granted via their membership in a AAD security group (e.g. secGroup "HR PowerApps Users").  But, as expected, they CAN access/"play" the app if they use an app's URL (aka "Web link"). 

Yet, if they are granted explicit access/perms (as a "User," NOT as a "owner" or "co-owner") - e.g. Shared with SomeUser@MyOrganization.com), then they DO see the app in the list of apps.  Note that when the secGroup-added users access PowerApps via their iPhones, the apps DO appear as expected.

But, IMO, it should behave in the browser the same as it does in the app. I.e. if the user has had the app shared with them as a User or as co-owner, it should appear in the lists in the browser (e.g. "Apps shared with me," "Org apps," "All apps.").

So, is this on the roadmap to be corrected?  Note that we are NOT using Dyn365 in our organization.

gobi
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing same problem

I am experiencing the same issue. Is Microsoft doing anything to resolve this blatant bug??

@DeeTronSEAMdescribed precisely what I see in our organization as well, nearly four years after this was first reported by @sravankcm!! The same issue is still occurring with no answer.

While these little workarounds like clicking the URL first, then going back and looking at the list may work, this is not the point. We have hundreds of management level people in a 50K member organization who are not going to tinker around with crap like this. If you can tell them to go to the PowerApps main page and search for and use an app, that is fine but they are not going to listen to a bunch of convoluted instructions about emails, URLs, dynamics, etc. It is totally embarrassing to have a meeting full of people who can't see a shared app, no matter what they do, and then try to explain that it's not your fault. These people are busy and in most cases don't even want to do the thing the app is provisioned to do therefore they just give up and nothing gets done (the exact opposite effect we would want to come from having created an app).

Also, as anonymous mentioned,  this is also not consistent... some apps shared the exact same way can be seen and others can't be leading to even more confusion as sometimes we think the issue was actually corrected and begin depending on it working as expected, then along come a string of people who claim they can't see the app (which is true, they can't).

Falko
Regular Visitor

We have the exact same problem - some people see the app, others don't. We developed an app which is to be rolled out to thousands of people. I can just second PhilD: It is totally embarrassing what MS is (not) doing to solve this issue after more than 4 years! If we had known beforehand, we would have gone for another software.

crobert8

Just wanted to add to this post because I found a solution to this issue that isn't mentioned. In my case I had to change the Power Apps Mobile app settings BEFORE logging into the app. There is a small settings cog in the bottom right corner if you are not logged in. I work for a government organization I had to change the location from 'Global' to 'Government GCC', once I did this and logged in the apps showed up.

Bogdan
Frequent Visitor

Word ! Exactly the same opinion!
Its REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY embarrassing that an organisation like MS is not capable to deal with its own bugs/released inconsistencies !
And they ask me to give reviews about how I like their Products 🙊
Shame ! Shame ! Shame !

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,988)