cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielaH
Level 8

Re: shared apps not found on home page of power apps

We are having the same problem and it clearly represents a huge issue if iphone users cannot simply start using an app, but instead need to access it through their browser/portal first (I am not sure how is this considered/marked as a solution).
Surely this would cause huge troubles for many other companies as well..

I would highly appreciate some input regarding whether a solution has been found for this!
Thanks so much in advance.
DanielaH
Level 8

Also - just to add to my precious post - it seems as if iphone users can bot view certain apps but CAN view others (without having accessed them through the portal prior).
We modified the orgchart app and shared a customized version with 'everyone in my org'. This one is visible for everyone.
Now we launched another app, shared it wxactly the same way, and iphone users cannot see it..
DanielaH
Level 8

*previous (not 'precious' :P)
Power Apps Staff sarafankit
Power Apps Staff

All apps shared with users show up on their phones and browser both. They don't show in 'My Apps' until the app is used, they need to go to  'All App' on phones or 'Get Apps' on browser.

Are you saying that the apps are not showing up in iPhone even when the user goes to their iPhone and then switch the app filter from 'My Apps' to 'All Apps'?

DanielaH
Level 8

Hi Ankit (sarafankit), 

Yes that is correct. 

I shared the app with 'everyone in my org' and we are finding that iphone users cannot see the app, even if they change the filter to 'All Apps'. It appears to be the same for windows phones, however I am yet to follow up with them as to which version of windows phones they were using. The experience is the same for all iphone users though, they cannot see it. 

Strangely though, the Org Browser sample app - which I customized and also shared with 'everyone in the org' - can be seen by iphone users. 

I found this forum post here, whereby it seems that such issue can arise if the app was created from a SharePoint list, however as far as I remember I created the app from scratch.. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Share-app-with-organisation-does-not-work/td-p/1...

Power Apps Staff

Hi DanielaH,

Thanks for the information, I think we will need some logs from you to help with the issue here. I have sent you the instructions to open a support ticket.

Regards,

Ankit

andresi
Level: Powered On

I have the same problem. I found that "Add everyone in my org" is not working. If I share with the individual user, he/she can see my app in the smartphone Powerapps. If I remove the individual share, the app disappears again.

Microsoft Maxwell
Microsoft

Hey @andresi,

Can you provide a session ID for a time when you aren't seeing the apps in your catalog?

You can find the session ID by clicking the hamburger menu icon in the top left and then clicking on "Session details".

Thanks,

Max

BorisP
Level: Powered On

What is the solution when an app is correctly saved, published and shared with all Org, but is not showing on miblie devices?

I had to mannualy add 700+ users so they can find an app under all apps.

So the question is what to do when sharing with all org is not working?

Thank you,

Boris

Power Apps Staff

Hi @BorisP

The sharing with all org doesn't currently work only when the app was created from SharePoint "Create an app" functionality. You can still share the app using an AAD security group for now. 

We are working on fixing this, this is just slightly tricky due to the integration.

Another workaround right now is to save the .msapp file your machine using Save-As feature and then creating a new app using it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,368)