cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

show a sharepoint list field into a label

Hi,

I have created a shp list having : username, password and name. Based on this list the users are log in into the app. What I want is after the user enter his credentials, at the welcome screen, to appear into a label the name of the user who logs in based on the shp list.

For ex : username : John, password : randompass; name : John Johny. The text atribute of the label would be : "hello, " & name of the user who logs in, meaning hello John Johny.

What formula to use ? I don't want to use the function user();

Thank you, your help is appreciated !

11 REPLIES 11

@MF_powerapps ,

What is in your list if you do not want to reference User()? If it references the user with another field as well, you just need a lookup. For instance if you had the email address and name and the user entered their email address, the label would be something like

"Welcome " & 
Lookup(
   YourReferenceList, 
   YourEmailField=YourUserEnteredField.Text
).YourNameField

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi, @WarrenBelz 

Thanks,

This is what i was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,051)